Tumblr is one of those social media platforms that everybody has become aware of, but couple of understand anything about.
While numerous might not know exactly what it is, Tumblr is one of the most popular blogging platforms. You should check out the platform if you have not heard of it in the past.
Concerning personal branding, Tumblr provides some special benefits to bloggers and organizations alike.
For instance, the platform can assist showcase their creativity or develop an audience through quality content and modification options.
In this post, we’ll discuss what Tumblr is and have a look at the top functions and benefits of using Tumblr, from composing tutorials to creating podcasts.
What Is Tumblr?
Tumblr is a microblogging platform for sharing images, music, video, links, quotes, GIFs, text, and other multimedia. The website also has a “Responses” function, which enables users to express their feelings about something posted on the website.
Unlike other platforms, Tumblr profiles are extremely customizable. Brand names can personalize their style, layout, colors, typefaces, and more. Users can also follow each other’s updates and produce custom-made RSS feeds based upon their interests.
Developing an account on Tumblr is free-and-easy to establish. All posts on Tumblr are public, and all users have the option to follow you. There are no private profile options like on Buy Instagram Verified and Buy Facebook Verified.
Users can develop various widgets for their profiles.
Tumblr has actually ended up being more popular with its complimentary mobile app, rich API, custom-made style tools, and dynamic neighborhood.
50 Tumblr Facts And Statistics
- Tumblr began in 2007 as a blogging platform that enabled users to share images, videos, text posts, and more.
- The service gained appeal after being acquired by Yahoo! in 2013 for $1.1 billion.
- From 2017 to 2019, Oath took control of ownership of the platform prior to being bought by Verizon Media.
- In 2019, ownership transferred once again to Automattic, a parent business of WordPress that maintains ownership today.
- Tumblr is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
- There are 2,437 staff members at Tumblr.
- Out of their staff members, 57% are women.
- Most workers who operate at Tumblr stick with the company for an average of 5.3 years.
- Over 556 million blog sites are hosted on Tumblr.
- Numerous stars and influencers post on Tumblr, but the platform does not use the same blue check validated sign you see on Buy Instagram Verified and Buy Twitter Verified.
- The annual revenue for Tumblr is between $75-100 million.
- Tumblr has hundreds of partners and thousands of commissioned artwork.
- There are over 171 billion posts on Tumblr today.
- Individuals can publish on Tumblr in 18 various languages.
- Although they have been around for a while, 61% of new Tumblr users are Gen Z, and 48% of their active users are Gen Z.
- Tumblr is the 3rd most popular blogging platform in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.
- And the 3rd most popular blogging platform on the internet entirely.
- 45.94% of the traffic on Tumblr originates from the U.S.
- For those brand-new to Tumblr, they use a guide on how to get going posting.
- The trending subjects on Tumblr are diverse, similar to any other site, from Legend of Zelda to U.K. politics.
- Regarding interest categories, most people discuss computer game, consoles, and devices. They also talk about computer systems, electronics, news, and topics regarding universities.
- A few of Tumblr’s top competitors consist of Buy Twitter Verified, Pinterest, and Buy Instagram Verified.
- There are many advertisement chances on Tumblr, including native advertisement experiences and customized opportunities.
- Tumblr is an independently owned company.
- In a recent survey, 70% of users specified that they were satisfied by the performance of Tumblr. The top 2 rankings above this were Pinterest and Buy YouTube Subscribers, with a 76% consumer complete satisfaction ranking.
- Tumblr has 135 million monthly active users.
- Earlier this year, there was an uptick in visitations to Tumblr, with 291.7 million sees in Might.
- Tumblr prides itself on being an inclusive space for everyone to share its views specifying, “Tumblr is whatever you desire it to be.”
- On top of the ability to post day-to-day blog sites, Tumblr also provides a liveblog function so users can blog as occasions or things occur in real-time.
- Most people (69%) use Tumblr on their mobile devices, and 31% use the platform on the internet.
- In a current study, when socials media were ranked by brand name awareness in the U.S., 58% of individuals acknowledged the platform.
- The leading quantity of users visiting the web is U.S.-based at 46.37%.
- This is followed by the UK and Canada users online at 5.94% and 5.07%, respectively.
- Australia follows this at 3.2% and after that Germany at 3.1%.
- In 2018, Tumblr banned adult material on its platform, a polarizing relocation.
- Mashable recommends that “Fandom’s homeland is Tumblr.”
- And The Edge states that “The things that occur on Tumblr are utterly distinct to any other social platform.”
- There are around 9.7 million daily posts on Tumblr.
- The demographics for top Tumblr users break down to 33.04% from ages 18-25, 31.44% from 25-34, and 16.10% between 35-44 years of ages.
- Of these users, 41.41% identify as female, and 58.59% determine as male.
- Tumble has a bounce rate of 42.67%.
- Like other platforms like Buy Facebook Verified, users can like and repost material.
- You can develop customized HTML themes on Tumblr.
- There is also a Mass Post Editor function on Tumblr, allowing users to edit or erase several posts all at once.
- Users can quickly add inline images from the web to their posts by pasting the image’s URL into the post.
- Tumblr likewise has keyboard faster way alternatives which make it much easier to create posts.
- Some of Tumblr’s leading competitors include Ghost, Hexo, and Medium.
- There are over 2,000 posts created every second on Tumblr.
- Relating to traffic leading back to Tumblr, 28.48% of that traffic comes from Buy Twitter Verified, and 20.25% originates from Buy YouTube Subscribers.
- Typically, users go to 6.47 pages when they use the platform.
Tumblr is an online community where anyone can develop engaging and distinct content.
As you can see, it is also extremely customizable, permitting users and brand names to create their perfect profiles. It’s likewise a fantastic area to discover and cultivate brand-new audiences.
There are practically limitless possibilities with the platform, and it’s worth checking out to see if it’s best for your brand.
If you’re seeking to integrate more blogging options and are thinking about incorporating Tumblr, have a look at this post.
Featured Image: Lenka Horavova/Best SMM Panel